Understanding the dangers of Asbestos is essential for all whose work has the potential of exposure to Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs). This course will prepare employers and employees with the knowledge under the Control of Asbestos Regulations to raise your awareness of the potential dangers that you may face and will cover the procedures you must follow in the event you are working near ACMs.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND ASBESTOS AWARENESS TRAINING?
Anybody who's normal work routine could expose them to asbestos. Sectors that require the training include, demolition workers, workers in the refurbishment, maintenance and allied trades where it is foreseeable that their work may disturb the fabric of the building as asbestos products may become exposed during their work.
COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
This course will provide you with an awareness and knowledge of the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs) within your everyday working environment and an overview of the legislative measures in place to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
1. Understanding of the legal UK legistlation.
2. How the law affects & covers Asbestos in the workplace.
3. Hazards associated with Asbestos.
4. A general awareness of the health affects of contact or working with asbestos.
5. An understanding of what to do if you come into contact with Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s) during their day to day work activity.
6. An understanding of what documents need to be available to you before starting work.
We come to you to deliver our training on site or in your office.
Individual delegate fee is £45
Group bookings can be arranged. Minimum course numbers are 4.
Call or Email us for a quote to deliver your training - 01634 932206 or call Jon on 07864784716.