Our CAT and Genny Training Essentials Course delivers 4 hours of theory and practical instruction and is designed to teach up to a maximum of 8 delegates, providing the essential knowledge needed to safely and correctly operate a Cable Avoidance Tool (CAT) along with a Signal Generator (GENNY) when tracing underground services to meet the guidance from HSG 47 for Avoiding Danger from Underground Services.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND CAT & GENNY TRAINING?
The CAT & Genny Operator Course is intended for those who operate, supervise or manage the use of Cable Avoidance Tools and Signal Generators in the workplace to avoid the dangers of underground services. There are no prerequisites for this course, although an understanding of underground services, utility plans and cable avoidance tools are an advantage.
COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
The aim of Cable Avoidance Tools (CAT) & Genny training is to provide both site operatives and construction supervisors with the skills and knowledge to effectively and safely carry out cable avoidance work.
1. Understanding of the legal UK legistlation.
2. Basic working principles of location and avoidance of installed underground services.
3. Hazard identification procedures and the key risks associated with these.
4. Reading and correctly interpreting construction site plans.
5. Practical and safe use of equipment.
Successful completion of the CAT & Genny training course will allow candidates to:
1. Identify all potential risks to both themselves and others.
2. Read and fully understand any site plan.
3. Operate cable avoidance tools safely and effectively, in order to locate and/or avoid exsisting underground apparatus.
We come to you to deliver our training on site or in your office.
Individual delegate fee is £45
Group bookings can be arranged. Minimum course numbers are 4.
Call or Email us for a quote to deliver your training - 01634 932206 or call Jon on 07864784716.
Please call us on 01634 932206 01634 932206 or use our contact form.