More than a 1/3 of injures at work are due to poor manual handling techniques. Manual Hanlding is the transporting or supporting a oad by hand or bodily force, including pushing, pulling carrying etc. Our Manual Handling training enables you to understand your duties under the Manual Handling Regulations and assist you in making you workplace a safer environment and will give you the tools to ensure correct methods of handling or moving objects safely to minise the risk injury.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING?
Anybody who's normal work routine involves moving loads and where a work place risk assessment has identified the need for training. This training should also be part of any work place Induction.
COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
This course will provide you with a thorough overview of the risks associated with moving and handling objects and teached safer handling techniques including completing a Manual Handling Risk Assessment (TILE).
1. Understanding of the legal UK legistlation.
2. How the law affects & covers Manual Handling in the workplace.
3. Types of injuries that are caused by Manual Handling.
4. Manual hanlding Risk Assessment (TILE).
5. Identifying the hazard and risks associated with ladders.
6. How to review a Risk Assessment for safe use of a ladder.
7. Practical demonstration of correct manual handling as an individual, team lift and manual handling equipment (stack barrow etc).
We come to you to deliver our training on site or in your office.
Individual delegate fee is £50
Group bookings can be arranged. Minimum course numbers are 4.
Call or Email us for a quote to deliver your training - 01634 932206 or call Jon on 07864784716.
Please call us on 01634 932206 01634 932206 or use our contact form.